c. Check to see whether the equipment has been
that does not effect proper functioning is missing.
modified by Engineering changes.
Section III. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
(2) Insert the four telescoping supports through
2-6. Tools, Test Equipment, and Materials Required
the channels under the deck plate.
(3) With the small tubing of the telescoping
The tools and test equipment required to install the
supports towards the 0L89(V) (*")/MYK8 (V), lift the deck
AN/MYK-8(V) (*) are part of the ADPE tool kit furnished
plate into position between the van doors.
with the system.
(4) Extend each telescoping support, as required,
and position each on its associated pin of the angle
2-7. Installation Instructions
a. Site the assemblages in accordance with the
(5) Position the deck plate at the center of the
supports. Place a deck ramp at each end of the deck
b. Remove cables, passageway kit, leveling plates,
plate. (Hook the deck ramp angle over the top of the
and wheel chocks from their assigned storage areas.
c. Place leveling plates and wheel chocks under the
b. Installation of Canopy Supports and Handrail.
front landing gear units and rear leveling jacks.
(1) Secure a canopy support bracket over each
d. Disconnect the airbrake hose and electrical cables
van door with three bolts and washers.
from the prime mover.
(2) Extend each canopy support as required.
e. Lower the front landing gear units onto the wheel
Place the slot in each end over a screw extending from
chocks and leveling plates.
the canopy support brackets.
f. Remove the prime mover from the van.
(3) Extend the handrail as required. Place the
g. Lower the rear leveling jacks onto the leveling
slot in each end over the screw next to the door.
plates. The leveling plates (3 ft. x 3 ft. X . in. steel
(4) Slide locking plate on each support ((2) and
plates) are used under all leveling jacks. For cable
(3) above) against the van and tighten the securing
routing outside refer to figure FO-1.
h. Assemble and install the passageway between the
c. Installation of Canopy.
(1) Drape the canopy marked "CURBSIDE" over
i. Install signal cables between the vans and wrap
the canopy supports with the snap end against the OL-89
protection canvas covering around the cables (fig. FO-
(V) (*)/MYK-8 (V) .
(2) Align the fasteners on the snap bracket and
j. If outside temperature is extremely high, install van
canopy support brackets with the canopy snaps. Snap
the canopy into position.
k. Connect the assemblages to a power source (para
(3) Install the canopy marked "ROADSIDE" over
the supports and snap to OL88(V) (*)/MYK-8(V) ((1) and
l. Move ADP equipment controlled by hydraulics into
(4) Pull each canopy section to the center of the
passageway and lap one section over the other.
2-8. Installation of Passageway
(5) Secure the canopy on top and bottom with the
Four persons are required to assemble and install the
Proceed according to the following
2-9. Sunshade Installation
a. Installation of Deck Plate.
Install the sunshade on the vans whenever temperatures
(1) Position and lock an angle bracket beneath
are high enough to warrant its use. Installation can be
the side door of each van by inserting eccentric cams
performed without interrupting system operation or
into the holes provided and turning the locking handles.
during initial setup. The rear
The angle bracket marked "ROADSIDE" fits the OL88(V)
(*)/MYK-8 (V), and the angle bracket marked
"CURBSIDE" fits the OL-89(V) (*)/MYK-8(V).