Section II. TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Common Tools and Equipment
Special Tools and Equipment
Tools and test equipment authorized for use by direct
No special tools or equipment are required for direct
support maintenance personnel are listed in appendix D,
section III of the maintenance allocation chart.
Refer to the applicable manuals listed in appendix A for
detailed troubleshooting procedures.
Section III. MAINTENANCE OF AN/MYK-8(V)(*)
Remove the lock ring which holds the
Pump Seal Replacement
seal in place.
(4) Remove the seal by placing a small
Be sure that all electrical power to
punch against the opposite side of the seal from where
hydraulic unit is turned off.
the lockring ,was located and tap lightly with a small
a. Console Removal.
hammer at several places until the seal has been driven
(1) Remove the chrome nuts from the
free of the housing.
START and STOP, IN and OUT buttons located on top
e. New Seal Installation.
of the console covering the hydraulic power units. When
(1) Place the housing on a flat surface
the nuts have been removed, push the buttons through
,with the lockring side of the housing turned up. Turn the
their mounting holes and let them swing freely inside the
cupped side of the seal down.
console. Do not remove any wires that are attached to
(2) Press the seal down into the housing.
(2) Open the doors located on each side
Leakage will result if the seal is
of the console and remove the screws securing the
pressed into the housing beyond the
console to the floor and wall.
point -where the lockring locks into
(3) Remove the console by pulling it
toward the center of the van.
b. Draining Hydraulic Fluid
(3) Place the lockring into position.
(1) Place a container under the drain,
(4) Replace all O-ring gaskets in the
located on the bottom left side of the storage tank, and
remove the plug from the end of the drain pipe.
(5) Reassemble the equipment l)y
(2) Turn the drain cock until the fluid runs
reversing the disassembly procedures.
freely and the storage tank is completely drained. (The
tank should contain a minimum of seven gallons of fluid )
Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Replacement
c. Pump Removal. (Located on left, under
a. Cylinder Removal.
(1) Run the equipment rack to the OUT
(1) Remove the inspection plate that
covers the coupling between the motor and the pump.
(2) Remove the cotter pin from one end of
(2) Disconnect the two I : inch hydraulic
the clevis pin located at the rear of the equipment rack.
lines connected to the pump.
(3) Remove the clevis pin.
(3) Remove the two %l/ inch bolts that
(4) Run the cylinder shaft back to the IN
secure the pump to the motor housing.
(4) Pull the pump free from its mounted
(5) Open the bypass valve to its
d. Seal Removal.
(6) In order to relieve the line and cylinder
(1) Loosen the allen headset screw
of all pressure, press the IN button for approximately 1
securing the coupling to the pump shaft. Remove the
minute with the pump running and repeat the procedure
with the OUT button.
(2) Remove the five allen head bolts from
(7) Remove the cylinder cover.
the part of the pump housing which contains the shaft
(8) Place a cloth under the hydraulic lines.
end. Pull the housing apart.
Loosen the lines and bend them up slightly to prevent the
fluid from running out.