TM 1 1-7440-232-12/NAVELEX 0967-LP-275-5010
b. Touchup Procedures
(1) Remove all rust and corrosion by lightly sanding the affected areas with fine sandpaper (item 3, App. E)
(2) Apply chemical film as directed in MIL-C-5541 using small camel's hair brush. Allow to dry.
(3) Apply zinc chromate primer 0.0004 to 0.0006-inch thick, as directed in Federal Specification TT-P-1757,
over the chemical film using small camel's hair brush. Allow to dry.
(4) Apply one coat of lusterless enamel paint, as directed in Federal Specification TTE-526, over the affected
area. Allow to dry.
5-24. FINAL INSPECTION PROCEDURE
The final inspection procedures ascertain that all maintenance functions contained in this technical manual have been
complied with before the equipment is returned to service.
a. Modification - Be sure that all MWO's listed in DA PAM 310-1 have been accomplished.
- Assure that the PMCS
in Section III have been accomplished.
- Inspect the modem for completeness. Refer
TM 11-7440-232-20P for
of components and accessories.
(1) Be sure all items listed in the basic issue items list are on hand.
(2) Check to see that each item is correctly stock-numbered.
(3) Be sure that the correct quantity is in each package.
d. Final Performance Check
- The components
of the modem shall meet the requirements
of Section V before
operating, packaging, or storage. If the operation check, PMCS, or Final Performance Check cannot be satisfactorily
performed, contact the next level of maintenance.
- Be sure that the components
of the modem are marked, packaged, and packed
Digital Data Modem MD 701B/UY is supplied with radio frequency interference (RFI) shielded shelf. MD 701/UY and MD
701A/UY are not supplied with an RFI shelf.
5-26. PLACING IN SERVICE
If equipment is repairable by organizational maintenance, organizational maintenance personnel will insure that the
digital data modem is in a serviceable condition before turning the equipment over to operating personnel. Replacement
parts will be requisitioned through normal supply channels.