5. How to Locate Repair Parts
b. When National stock number or part number is
a When National stock number or part number is
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Num-
bers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National stock
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine
number or part number. This index is in NHN sequence
the functional group within which the item belongs. This
followed by a list or part numbers in alphanumeric se-
is necessary since illustrations are prepared for func-
quence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure num-
tional groups and listings are divided into the same
ber and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item num-
(2) Second, Find the illustration covering the func-
ber, locate the figure and item number in the repair
tional group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration and
note the illustration figure and item number of the item.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find
the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
(Next printed page is 4.)