(1) Depress PWR ON/RESET pushbutton switch to reset the unit (para 2-3).
If for any reason the BITE indicator does not
light, refer the problem to Organizational
Maintenance for corrective action.
(2) Verify that after a short delay of about 15 seconds, the BITE/BOOT indicator
lights to indicate that the processor has successfully completed the self-test
c. Operating Procedure.
(1) Connect power cable to power source and to the processor. Verify that the PWR
ON/RESET indicator is lit. If processor has semiconductor memory, verify that
the BAIT indicator is also lit.
(2) Depress PWR ON/RESET pushbutton switch.
(3) BITE/BOOT indicator should go out when PWR ON/RESET switch is depressed,
and light again when the self-test is completed (after about 15 seconds).
If the BITE indicator does not light, refer the
problem to Organizational Maintenance for
(4) Verify that the ETM indicator is operating properly by observing the movement
of the flag between the first and second digits.
(5) Bring the processor on line with the system in accordance with instructions
contained in the applicable system manual.
d. Turn Off Procedures. Refer to applicable system manual or disconnect processor
from power source, if necessary.
Emergency Stopping Procedure. In case of emergency, immediately disconnect
the processor from the power source.