three times. Each press gives you a different display. The
first press displays the days (last two digits of Julian date). The second
press displays hours and minutes.
The third press displays minutes and
SETTING FH SYNC TIME
If rt FCTN is set to Z-FH, all time functions must be set manually or by ERF;
otherwise the clock does not start.
Obtain nets time standard; then set FCTN to LD.
Load and store days (last two digits of Julian date):
(display shows current days).
(2) Press <CLR> (display shows two lines).
(3) Load new days (press number buttons for new days, display shows new
(4) Store new days (press <STO> button, display blinks and shows new days).
Load and store hours and minutes:
( 1 )
P r e ss
twice (display shows current hours and minutes).
(2) Press <CLR> (display shows four lines).
(3) Load new hours and minutes (press number buttons for new hours and
Display stays on for approximately 62 seconds or until <STO>
is pressed in step 4.
(4) Store hours and minutes (press <STO> to store hours and minutes reset
seconds; display blinks).
CLEARING A SINGLE FH SET
This procedure allows you to clear a single FH hopset or lockout set from your
NOTE: You cannot clear the channel you are operating on.
Set rt controls: FCTN to LD and MODE to FH.
b. To clear hopset, press <CLR> and <CHANNEL/NUMBER/(1-6).
c. To clear lockout set, press <CLR>, <LOUT/9>and <NUMBER/(1st DIGIT OF SET)>.
d. Set rt switches to normal positions.
BASIC COMSEC PROCEDURES
Secure operations may be done in SC or FH modes. Two
radios having the same COMSEC key can communicate in cipher text by setting the