TM 11-5895-1140-40 P/E2101-AA- PLG-010/E106 UY K-42(V)2/TO 31 S5-2UYK42-14
c. FSCM (Column (3)). The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code which is used
to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. Part Number (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering
drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part number from
the part ordered.
e. Description and Usable on Code (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following information.
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) In the Special Tools section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line in the entry for each special tool,
special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported exceeds density spread
indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(3) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column (5) for a given
figure in both section II and section III.
f. Qty (Column 6)). Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is
prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly.
Explanation of Columns (Section IV)
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) Stock number column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN) sequence.
The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN. When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first four digits of
the NSN. When requisitioning items use the complete NSN (13 digits).
(2) Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The illustrations
are in numerical sequence in sections II and III.
(3) Item column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent Fig.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric sequence.
(1) FSCM column This column lists the Federal supply code for manufacturer (FSCM).
(2) Part number column This column indicates the part number assigned to the item.
(3) Stock number column This column lists the National stock number for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the part number and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in sections II and
(5) Item column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced in
the adjacent figure number column.
a. Associated Publications The publications listed below pertain to the AN/UYK-42(V)2 and its components:
TM 11-5895-1140-40, Digital Computer AN/UYK-42(V)2
DMWR 11-5895-1140, Digital Computer AN/UYK-42(V)2
b. Component, Digital Computer AN/UYK-42(V)2 is a component of Satellite Communications Terminal ANIGSC-40.
c. National Stock Numbers. National stock numbers (NSN's) that are missing from P source coded items have been
applied for and will be added to this TM by future change/revision when they are entered in the Army Master Data File
(AMDF). Until the NSN's are established and published, submit exception requisitions to: Commander, US Army
Communications-Electronics Command and Fort Monmouth, ATTN: AMSEL-MM, Fort Monmouth, NJ 07703-5006 for the
part required to support your equipment.
How to Locate Repair Parts
a. When National stock number or part number is not known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the