(5) Item column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
a. Associated Publications. The publications listed below pertain to the RD-502/GSC and its components:
TM 11-5895-1114-20P, Satellite Communications Terminal, AN/GSC-40 (To be published)
TM 11-5895-1114-34P, Satellite Communications Terminal, AN/GSC-40 (To be published)
TM 11-5895-1140-40P, Digital Computer, AN/UYK-42(V) 1 (To be published)
TM 11-5895-1205-23P, Satellite Communications Terminal, AN/GSC-40(V)1 (To be published)
TM 11-5895-1207-40P, Digital Computer, AN/GSC-42(V)3 (To be published)
b. National Stock Numbers. National stock numbers (NSN's) that are missing from P source coded items have
been applied for and will be added to this TM by future change/revision when they are entered in the Army Master Data
File (AMDF). Until the NSN's are established and published, submit exception requisitions to: Commander, US Army
Communications-Electronics Command and Fort Monmouth, ATTN: AMSEL-MM, Fort Monmouth, NJ 07703-5006 for the
part required to support your equipment.
How to Locate Repair Parts
a. When National stock number or part number is not known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number noted on
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
When National stock number or part number is known.
(1) First. Using the index of National stock numbers and part numbers, find the pertinent National stock
number or part number. The NSN index is in National item identification number (NIN) sequence (para 4a(1)). The part
numbers in the part number index are listed in ascending alphameric sequence (para 4b). Both indexes cross-reference
you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for, then
locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.